Thursday, March 7, 2013

Steampunk Exhibit

It's been a while since I've written a blog, but it's time I've gotten back into the swing of things!  Let's start by talking about the great time I had at the Occasions Magazine Bridal and Party Expo.

I was asked to partner with one of my favorite florists, Perfect Petals Design Group, and help design the booth.  I was beyond excited because she and I work so well together and "speak the same language".  She wanted to do something different and came up with the idea of doing a steampunk design.  I was all for it and took the idea and ran with it!

Image Courtesy of ImagesByWinston
Image Courtesy of ImagesByWinston
Image Courtesy of ImagesByWinston
Because the design was all about clocks and gears, we decided that it would be a 50tth birthday party instead of the typical wedding setup, which was appropriate for this expo.  I made chargers into clocks, purchased gears, bicycle chains, and the whole nine yards.  The booth turned out to be fabulous and many people recognized the steampunk design right away!  I even created a steampunk soundtrack to play during the show.

Image Courtesy of ImagesByWinston 
Image Courtesy of ImagesByWinston
Image Courtesy of ImagesByWinston
To top it off, we even had a cake that fit the theme of steampunk and had a clock on the top and a ton of gears all around it.  The gears actually looked as if they were supposed to turn!  Everyone that stopped by the booth were in awe of the cake, done by Cakes by Lameeka!

Image Courtesy of ImagesByWinston 
Image Courtesy of ImagesByWinston


No comments:

Post a Comment