Friday, December 14, 2012

One Day In December ~What A Difference A Year Makes!

Logo by Cris of Kiss My Tulle

Wow, it's been a year already!  It's truly amazing how time flies and what can happen in just 365 days.  I was excited that us TWIPS (A community of wedding planners and bloggers) wanted to do this chain of recap blog posts again.  In my previous "One Day in December Post, that I posted on my gift basket blog, that you can read about here, I spoke of how one car accident changed my life and it truly did. 

I wrote of how my children and I survived a major car accident and how I ended up losing the job that I hated, because of the accident.  I spoke of how the accident left me unable to speak, so I started a blog and was accepted into TWIPS.  There were so many things that I mentioned, but so many things went unsaid as well, which makes this Christmas extra special.

Image Courtesy of Tumblr via Pinterest

What I did say was was that my world flipped upside down when my SUV did.  What I didn't say was that after the accident, I lost my home too.  I stated that business picked up for my gift baskets and event company, but I didn't say that I really depend on my day job because, although my businesses have picked up, I still don't have enough business to survive solely off my two companies alone.

Image Courtesy of Tumbr via Pinterest

With all of that being said, I couldn't be happier with the way 2012 has progressed.  After seven months of being unemployed, I found a job that I absolutely love, where I get to work with at-risk youth and show my passion for education by day, and at a place where I no longer have to hide the fact that I'm a wedding and event planner.  I'm constantly busy with Enraptured Events, planning and designing, and also busy with Wrapped Couture designing custom gift baskets for various occasions.  I've been able to attend a few wedding conferences out of state and cross those things off of my bucket list.  I've also been featured in Stiletto Woman Magazine for pushing through the pain and overcoming adversity.  I was able to meet a bunch of TWIPS at a meet up here in Atlanta and  finally meet Shafonne of Pretty Pear Bride in at one of the mini wedding conferences in NYC!  With the way 2012 has turned out, 2013 looks to be even better!

Image Courtesy of Tumblr via Pinterest

I heard something on the radio recently: "Do you know how you know that God isn't done with His plan for you?" After a pause from the DJ, he simply said, "He keeps waking you up."  To me, that was a very profound question and it confirmed what I already knew; there's something bigger and better just waiting for me and all I have to do is wake up.  The same goes for you!


For more great "One Day in December" posts, visit Shafonne of Pretty Pear Bride and her recap post  of 2012 from yesterday and tune in Monday for Amanda's 2012 highlights and recap of Baci Designer. 


2 comments:

  1. What wonderful quotes! Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful post, Lady! Thank you for sharing and best of luck in 2013!

    ReplyDelete